Hydrotherapy 101 Course Overview
The hydrothermal therapy course introduces the fundamentals of how to use hot and cold water therapies for common colds and respiratory concerns. The course gives a wholistic approach by providing science on how hydrothermal therapy works as well as instruction on how to provide spiritual care from a biblical foundation as you minister treatments. The course is 100% online/virtual and includes both theory and practical application.
Equivalent to 0.5 semester credit (no college credits available at this time):
- Theory: 8 modules; 50 minutes each (2-3 hours of additional reading for each module).
- Practical: 5 treatments: Hot Foot Bath, Russian Steam Bath, Contrast Showers, Steam Inhalation and Chest Fomentations. (12 hours of Zoom lab time)
A basic understanding of a high school level Anatomy and Physiology or a college level course in A & P.
Location (100% remote):
- Theory: All 8 modules will be completed via independent study on Learn Dash. Must be completed prior to Zoom labs.
- Practical: Zoom labs will be scheduled as 3-hour blocks in 4 separate Zoom times. These Zoom labs will focus on the 5 hydrothermal treatments. The learning theory of “see one, do one and teach one” will be utilized.
- An initial Orientation Introductory zoom meeting to discuss how to complete the theory content on LearnDash prior to practical application. Two weeks will be given for completion of the 8 theory modules.
- Four weekly Zoom labs that are approximately 3 hours in length each; a total of 12 hours.
Lead Instructor: Susan Pellandini, RDH, CMT
Our faculty/curriculum team bring a breadth of knowledge and experience including: medical director and nursing director at Oak Haven Lifestyle Immersion Program, former director of Weimar Institute Nursing program, former medical director and nursing director at Black Hills Health and Education Center, former program director of Massage & Hydrotherapy program at Weimar Institute, former program director at NEWSTART Lifestyle Program, producers of multiple hydrotherapy training video series.
Our hydrotherapy course is for educational purposes only. The information provided is to educate the lay person in treating common illnesses and disease. It is not the intent that the treatments replace the services of your health care professional in times of necessity or emergency; rather, keep your provider informed of treatments performed. The producers of this course take no responsibility for injury due to misuse of this material, lack of common sense, or ignorance in health evaluation.
“God used the information I obtained from this course to help my brother recover from a severe 21-day hospitalization from COVID. I have and still use components of it in my clinical practice (i.e. hot foot bath, steam inhalation, revolutions, and instruction in contract shower). This course did well in educating in detail the techniques of conducting these treatments. I feel very proficient in carrying out the treatments.”
“I take many courses and each one teaches me something else. I especially appreciated the portion that dealt with bouondries and desexualizing the treatments. This course gave me confidence and conviction.”
Next Hydrotherapy Courses
Registration Closes: October 22
Orientation Session: October 26, 6:00-7:00pm (EST)
Virtual Labs: Sunday, November 12 & 19, 5:00-8:00 pm; Monday, November 27, 5:00-8:00 pm & Sunday, December 3, 5:00 -8:00 pm (EST)
February / March (Dates TBD)
April / May (Dates TBD)
- Independent Study through our online learning portal LearnDash
- 4 LIVE Lab Sessions on Zoom
- Experienced Instructors
- Personalized Feedback
- Instruction in Hot Foot Bath, Contrast Shower, Russian Steam Bean, Steam Inhalation, Chest Fomentations, and more
- Become a Medical Missionary
- Learn from the Comfort of Your Home
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should apply?
Our online courses are designed for those with a prerequisite knowledge of the Seventh-day Adventist health and gospel message and who desire to be equipped to be a medical missionary in service to others. We invite healthcare professionals across all disciplines as well as church members who do not have a healthcare background to enroll.
How does the application process happen?
After filling out and submitting the online application form, your application will be reviewed and the references you provided contacted by the Hydrotherapy Hub student admissions committee. We will then contact you to let you know if you have been accepted. After being accepted, you will need to submit payment of the tuition fee.
What does the tuition cost include?
Tuition fees provide you with complete access to our online learning platform of resources and training videos and “in-person” coaching by instructors during each hydrotherpay demonstration lab.
How do I pay for the course?
Once your application has been received and you have been accepted into the course, you will be sent a link to a payment page. You are not officially registered until your payment has been processed.
What hydrotherapy equipment will be needed?
Basic household items like towels, buckets, and blankets. A more detailed list including items that could be purchased will be provided upon acceptance into the course.
How can I reach you if I have questions regarding the course or application process?
You can contact us at [email protected] or call / text us at (269) 340-1136.
Joining the Hydrotherapy class in 3 simple steps.
- Fill out this online application.
- If accepted, pay the $399 registration fee.
- Join the live, Interactive class!